This realization got the wheels in my head turning. Yes, our babies died. But, they also lived. I know how important it is to me that people realize that Sydney lived. Twenty weeks inside of me and two hours outside. That life deserves to be remembered and celebrated. So do the lives of all the other angel babies I know.
I want to honor our babies. I want to create a place where we can commemorate their lives. I want to create a visual reminder that THEY WERE HERE.
This idea has evolved into a new blog called The Butterfly Effect. What is the butterfly effect? It's the idea that a small event, such as the flapping of a butterfly's wings, can lead to a much bigger event. The blog will be a 365 type of blog and on each day, it will highlight the life of an angel baby (or babies). Submissions can be anything--a memory, a story, a picture--with one requirement--the submission must celebrate the baby's life. What that is, is up to you. You can also pick the day that has the most meaning to you--birthday, angelversary, due date, the day you found out you were pregnant. I would like to launch this site on June 26, the second anniversary of my Sydney's due date.
If you'd like to make a submission, email me at butterflyeffect365@gmail.com. Please include the following information:
Your name
Baby's name
Your blog/website address (optional)
Important date
Significance of the date (birthday, due date, etc)
Picture or story for your post
Any information you would like to share (birth stats, family members, location, etc)
Message to your baby
If I find that I need any other information, I will contact you. This project is still evolving, so I might find that I need more information to give your baby the best post I can.
Feedback is also appreciated. :)












2 comments:
I love this idea! You're awesome!
This is a great idea!!
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment! I will delete any comments that I find offensive or abusive.